- 3 spring/green onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves stripped from stalks
- 500ml salt reduced vegetable stock
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 300ml thickened cream
In a large, heavy-based pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the spring onions and garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook gently for 10 min, stirring often.
Add the wine and thyme. Cook until wine has evaporated by half. Add stock, mix well and cook for 10 min. Combine egg yolks and cream, stir into soup and cook for 5 min. Season to taste. Serve with cheese toast.
Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and black pepper.