- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 1 green apple, peeled, grated
- 1 tblsp curry powder
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- ¼ cup long grain rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Increase heat to high.
dd chicken, potato, apple and curry powder. Cook, stirring, until chicken starts to colour. Add stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil, covered, for
Add rice. Simmer, covered, for a further 10 minutes, or until rice is tender. Season. Stir in half the coriander.
Serve soup topped with yoghurt (optional). Sprinkle with remaining coriander.