• ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
• 250g packet Ritz crackers
• 250g block cream cheese, chopped
• 1 cup grated vintage tasty cheddar
• 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
• ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
• ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
Sprinkle pecans over an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove and cool.
Process half the crackers in a food processor to form coarse crumbs.
Beat cheeses in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in crumbs, capsicum and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Using damp hands, roll and shape cheese mixture into a ball.
Combine pecans and parsley on a plate. Roll cheese ball in mixture, pressing on to coat.
Serve the cheese ball with remaining crackers.