A mum who infiltrated a secret Facebook group which claimed to have the ‘cure’ for autism was horrified to discover parents were giving their autistic children enemas with bleach, believing the condition to be the cause of a parasite.
Emma Dalmayne is a campaigner for autism and says that the page shows pictures of the so-called ‘parasites’ leaving the children’ bodies - which she claims is in fact bowel tissue.
The treatment is referred to as CD (chlorine dioxide) or MMS (Master Miracle Solution) and involves giving children several drops a day either orally or via enema as an attempt to ‘burn out’ the parasite which they claim causes autism.
‘There is no cure for autism. It isn't a disease or a disorder, it's a neurological difference,’ says Emma, who is autistic herself.
Instead of curing autism, the so-called treatment is causing terrifying injuries to children.
WARNING: video contains graphic images
'The most extreme case I have seen to date is a six-year-old boy who had to have his bowel removed and a colostomy bag fitted after his parents gave him these enemas,’ says Emma, who is campaigning to have the procedure made illegal.
'The biggest problem is that the government don't do anything about this. This is not illegal yet. It is not illegal to use CD on your children and it needs to be.’
Police in Cheshire are investigating a mother-of-three who claimed to have used the treatment on her children but she has refused to comment, report Daily Mail.
The Food Standards Agency spokesperson said that the solution used in the procedure is the equivalent of ‘industrial strength bleach’ and is not safe to take.
People who have purchased MMS are told they ought to throw it away, and not ingest it for any reason.
‘If they have been taken and the person feels unwell, they should consult their doctor.
'If anyone knows of retailers or individuals selling such products or promoting their consumption, please contact the National Food Crime Unit.'
This article first published on New Idea.