- 200g packet pad thai rice noodles
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 240g jar pad thai paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 spring/green onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 long red chilli, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cage-free eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
Cook the noodles according to packet instructions and then drain and refresh under cool water. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry chicken strips in 2 batches for 4-5 min each, or until cooked through.
Return all chicken to wok, add pad thai paste and cook 1 min. Add the garlic, spring/green onions and chilli, stir-fry for 30 sec. Make a well in the centre, add eggs and stand for 1 min, then stir-fry through gently.
Add the noodles and stir-fry until heated through. Remove from heat and quickly toss in the bean sprouts. Garnish with chopped peanuts, coriander sprigs and lime wedges.