• 470g packet Green’s Moist Vanilla Cake mix
• Eggs, butter and milk as per packet instructions
• Pretzel twists and extra caramel topping, to decorate
• 250g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
• ¾ cup icing sugar mixture
• ⅓ cup caramel topping
Line a 12-hole muffin pan (⅓-cup capacity) with paper cases.
Prepare the cake mix according to packet directions. Divide mixture evenly among paper cases.
Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To make frosting, beat butter in same, clean bowl of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in icing sugar mix from cake mix packet with icing sugar mixture, ½ cup at a time, until smooth. Stir in the caramel topping.
Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm star nozzle. Pipe onto cupcakes. Decorate with pretzel twists. Drizzle with extra caramel topping.