• 1¼ cups self-raising flour
• 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
• ⅓ cup caster sugar
• 250g butter
• 2 x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ¾ cup chopped dark chocolate
• ¾ cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) Line the base and sides of a 20 x 30cm pan with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa and caster sugar into a bowl. Melt 150g butter and cool slightly, add to dry ingredients and mix well. Press into pan and bake for 15 min.
3. Meanwhile, combine the condensed milk, brown sugar and remaining 100g butter in a large non-stick pan – a wok is ideal. Stir over a low heat until combined. Increase the heat to medium and stir continuously until mixture thickens (about 15 min).
4. Pour over the base and level the surface with a silicone spatula or the back of a metal spoon. Top with chocolate and pecans. Bake for 10 min. Allow to cool completely, then cut into pieces to serve.