She's now recovering from her ordeal
A dog has been rescued after spending five days trapped between two walls.
Coco, an American staffy, squeezed between two garages in her owner's back yard after being spooked by fireworks on nearby Safety Beach.
But when she tried to get out the other side of the narrow passage, she found her way blocked by timber.
Coco's desperate owners started a frantic search for the beloved family pet, believing she had fled in fear.
It wasn't until five days after she vanished that a family friend discovered her still close to home.
Firefighters were called and Coco, ten months, was finally freed with the help of eight volunteers.
The plucky pup had survived temperatures reaching 42C without any food or drink.
She was treated for severe dehydration and cuts to her legs.
Her relieved owner, Lara Fullford, had posted images of Coco to a local lost and found dog group on Facebook during the search.
Coco is expected to make a full recovery but authorities have warned people of the dangers posed to pets by illegal fireworks.