A 10-year-old Texas boy has passed away after he was found unresponsive in a clothes dryer at a Houston apartment complex, PEOPLE reports.
Fernando Hernandez Jr. was rushed to Bayshore Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, Houston police officials told PEOPLE in a statement. According to reports, Fernando was electrocuted in the dryer and his death has been ruled accidental, a spokesperson with the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences confirmed.
Hernandez Jr.’s mother, Christina Rodriguez, told ABC 13 that her 9-year-old son found his older brother and alerted Rodriguez and her boyfriend.
'I was inside cooking and my little son came inside and told me my son was dead on the floor,' she tells the outlet. 'I ran outside and my boyfriend picked him up and brought him into the house. He was purple. His eyes were open and he was gone.'
Police confirmed there were no obvious signs of trauma.
'I should’ve been outside with him, but I was inside cooking,' told ABC. 'I just want him home. I miss my baby. He was so friendly, everybody loved him. I just want my son back.'
This article originally appeared on New Idea.