A toddler has tragically died after being trapped in a washing machine.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the boy, three, was killed at his home in Orlando, Florida, US, last Sunday (4 August).
Police said the child was playing with his sibling in the laundry room when he somehow got inside the machine.
He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No further details have been released and the death remains under investigation.
Spokesman Cory Burkarth said in a statement that the death appears to be an accident.
Parents have been urged to take precautions to stop similar events occurring, recommending securing laundry doors with child-proof locks and keeping washers and dryers closed and locked.
Mr Burkarth said, 'We also ask that parents speak with their children and teach them that washers, dryers and other appliances are not toys and should not be played with.'
'This message also applies to adults/friends/family members who may have children visit their house, babysitters, etc,' he added.