• 2.2kg chicken wings, tips removed
• 2 lemongrass stalks, white part only, finely chopped
• 2 tblsps each, finely chopped fresh ginger and garlic
• ¼ cup finely chopped coriander, roots and stems
• ¼ cup each brown sugar and fish sauce
• 2 tblsps peanut oil
• 2 limes, zest and juice
Place chicken wings in a large ziplock bag or bowl. Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the chicken.
Turn to coat. Cover and chill for 15 minutes, longer if time permits. Overnight is ideal.
Heat a covered barbecue to medium heat. Cook the wings, covered, for 20-25 minutes, turning often and basting with leftover marinade until cooked through.
Serve hot with extra lime wedges and coriander if desired. Serve with salad.