- 500g packet potato gnocchi
- 200g middle bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tblsps tomato paste
- 300ml tub light cooking cream
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Drain.
Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Add garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and cream. Bring to a boil.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in gnocchi and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into an ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity). Sprinkle with cheese.
Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Garnish with basil leaves.