Perfect for a cosy night in.
• 3 bacon rashers (185g), trimmed, chopped
• 200g loaf pane di casa bread, cut into 2cm pieces
• 1 cup grated Tasty cheese
• ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
• 4 eggs
• 2 cups milk
• 2 tsps Dijon mustard
• 1 medium tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
Spray four ovenproof mugs (1¼-cup capacity) with cooking oil. Place on an oven tray.
Heat a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl. Add bread, cheese and chives. Toss to combine.
Whisk together eggs, milk and mustard in a medium bowl. Add to bread mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well, then divide mixture evenly among the mugs. Top with the tomato.
Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
Serve hot pots with steamed vegetables or salad.