The schoolgirl from Kazakhstan was found dead the following morning after suffering severe head injuries as a result of the blast.
While the brand of the phone has not been named, police have confirmed the device was plugged into a power source at the time.
Forensic experts later revealed that the device had overheated while charging which caused it to explode, killing the unsuspecting child.
Her passing has been described as a 'tragic accident'.
Following her death, the girl's friends have paid tribute to her on social media, including her best friend Ayazhan.
She wrote 'It's so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.'