1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with dressing made from juice of a lime, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/4 cup peanut oil and 1 teaspoon fish sauce.
In season: carambola
- Also known as star fruit, it has a shiny greenish-yellow skin when ripe. The crisp textured juicy flesh can vary from sweet to sour in flavour.
- Available all-year round they can be added to salads and Asian dishes.
- A great source of vitamin C, potassium, fibre and copper. It is also low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Fruit should be firm and even, with no soft spots. The skin can have a waxed appearance.
- Store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Make sure to rinse the fruit before use.
For more great recipes, click here.
Share your thoughts on this recipe by leaving us a comment below.